We all use some sort of packing materials when moving. Whether it’s a local or a long-distance move, cardboard boxes, plastic wraps and other supplies can cause a mess in our homes after unpacking. However, you don’t have to throw away all of your remaining supplies. Take a look at how you can reuse packing materials and made the most out of them.
Where to find quality packing materials?
In order to consider reusing packing materials, you must first make sure that those materials are of good quality. For once, the materials you use for packing will serve to protect your belongings during transportation and storing time. If you want to make sure to get the best quality supplies, you should contact a local moving company. Some of the best long-distance moving experts LA will provide those supplies as a part of their full-moving service. All you’ll need to do is to let your movers know how many items you need to pack and calculate your inventory.
Another good way to get quality packing supplies is to ask for them in local shops, restaurants or retails stores. Most of these places have tons of leftover boxes and other supplies that are in pretty good shape. If you take your time, you might find exactly what you are looking for. After all, looking for supplies in local stores is another good way to achieve an eco-friendly move and reuse packing materials.
How to prepare your belongings for the packing process?
One of the most time-consuming parts of every relocation is the packing process. Some of the items are not easy to pack and secure for their size. Others will need extra time to pack because they’re fragile or temperature-sensitive. In order to pack fragile items the right way, you might want to use more packing materials and ensure their safety. By using extra supplies, you will probably have some leftovers which you can use later on. In this article, we made sure to give you some of the reasons why you should reuse packing materials and how to do it.
What to do with the leftover packing materials?
There are many ways you can reuse packing materials. Depending on your needs and the time you have, you can get very creative with this process. For example, if you decided to hire storage service LA, you might save some money and reuse packing materials for storing your inventory. This will not only lower your moving costs but also help you save the environment by making less junk. You can use the leftover moving boxes for the storage unit, or you can leave them in your home-made storage space.
Leftover packing materials can also be useful for non-moving purposes. If you don’t feel like saving them for your next relocation, you can easily make a lot of interesting home decorations. Since Christmas is coming, let your children engage in the moving in process and reuse packing materials in fun ways. You can make paintings on the leftover cardboard boxes or use the cardboard for making Christmas tree decorations – the choice is yours!
Packing supplies that you shouldn’t toss away
There are some packing supplies that could be very useful for more than just packing. Even if we’re not considering reusing it, there is always a question of making more junk than necessary after the moving process is over. For once, most of us make more junk than it’s necessary by tossing away all the materials after we are done unpacking. If we reuse packing materials, we might lower the percentage of plastic and organic waste we produce.
Some of the packing materials you shouldn’t toss away are:
- Packing supplies made out of plastic. You can either decide to recycle them or make them useful in other ways.
- Cardboard boxes. You can use them for storage later on or make different items for decorating your home. The only cardboard boxes you should toss away are those who got wet or completely ripped apart.
- Plastic wraps and peanuts. Not only are these materials good for packing Christmas presents, but you can also use them to secure sensitive items when storing for longer periods of time.
How and why should you reuse packing materials?
There are many reasons why you should reuse packing materials. We will list just the most important ones.
- Saving the environment. By recycling and reusing packing supplies, you will reduce the amount of waste produced during the move.
- Saving money on future moves. If you reuse packing materials, you will cut moving costs Why waste money on packing supplies all over again when you can use the ones you already have?
- Free supplies for homemade projects with kids – wouldn’t that be nice?
- Home decoration and useful supplies for wrapping presents – you can get it all by saving the packing supplies you have.
- Additional storage boxes. If you plan to rent a storage unit, you could use the supplies you have to secure your inventory.
If you are still not sure whether to toss away or reuse packing materials, think again. Making a mess after unpacking and moving in is common, but lowering the amount of trash we make can be beneficial. Whether you choose to reuse them for an upcoming move or to make small decorations for your home – the choice is yours! Find your way to reuse packing materials, save your money and have some fun along the way!