When you’re planning a relocation, it’s only natural that you want to get some help. Of course, you could simply ask your friends and family to give you a hand, but there’s another option to consider. Namely, hiring professional movers is a full-proof way to have a stress-free, smooth relocation. However, finding reliable movers in LA might not be the easiest task. If you don’t have experience with LA moving companies and relocating, maybe you don’t know how to find the right movers. So, we’ll give you some tips and tell you ways of making sure you hire the best movers and which traits they should have. Keep reading to find out.
Visit the companies’ websites – do your research
Nowadays, every legitimate company has a website that tells the customers a little bit more about the business. Well, it’s the same with moving companies. Whether you’re looking for furniture movers Los Angeles or cross country moving companies, you should begin by doing your research. Find the websites of these companies and learn everything you can about them.
Pay attention to a few important things:
- Reliable movers in LA must have all the necessary licenses. Look through the websites and see if the movers are licensed.
- Get moving estimates. Defining your budget is an essential step when you’re preparing to relocate. So, take the time to ask the movers for moving estimates. That way you’ll know if the movers are affordable and that their services fit into your budget.
- Check out the services they offer. It’s important to hire a moving company that offers all the services you need. If cleaning services Los Angeles or piano moving is what you need, make sure the movers offer that. This is the best way to make sure you get all the help you need when moving.
- Contact them. A great way to get any information you need that’s not listed on the website is by contacting the movers.
- Get their address and visit them. This is a good way to make sure you’re not dealing with fraudulent movers. Visit their address, check out the property and have a face-to-face conversation with them.
Read reviews of LA movers online
Possibly the most important thing when you’re in search of a reliable moving company in LA is customer satisfaction. And what’s the best way to see if the customers are happy with the services? Well, by reading the reviews, of course! If you want to find a reliable moving company in Los Angeles, you should make absolutely sure that it has good reviews.
Many companies will have reviews on their website, but you should also look elsewhere. Take the time to find websites like Yelp where people write their experiences with certain movers. Then you’ll see what the people have to say and if the movers you’re considering to hire are reliable and trustworthy. If, however, the movers have plenty of bad reviews and unhappy customers, you should move on to the next company.
Ask for recommendations
Once again, it’s all about happy customers and satisfactory services when you’re hiring the pros. So, another way to find out more about certain moving companies in LA is by asking around. You probably have friends, family members or even colleagues who have experience with moving. If so, you can hear about their experiences first-hand.
If you trust that the people around you are honest and want to help you, this might be the best way to find great movers in LA. After all, the reviews online might not be true, but you can always depend on your friends’ recommendations. So, if you’ve got friends who have recently moved with the help of residential movers, give them a call. Use this time to ask them for any other moving advice, as well.
The traits of reliable movers in LA
Just like it’s important to know all the ways of finding reliable movers in LA, it’s also important that you know how to recognize them. If you’re not exactly sure about the most important qualities of a reputable moving company, we’ll give you some pointers.
- Trust. First and foremost, you need to be able to trust your movers and rely on them 100%. The last thing you need is a moving company that is out to scam you. So, if the movers don’t seem trustworthy, don’t hire them.
- Experience. If you wanted someone inexperienced to relocate your household, you wouldn’t be looking for movers. You want to hire a company that’s been in the business long enough to know how to handle virtually anything.
- Client-focused. A good moving company needs to put their clients first. So, try and find movers whose goal it is to fulfill your requirements.
- Transparency. Before you hire a moving company, you should have all the needed information. The movers should be open to answering all of your questions honestly. If they’re holding back, take it as a red flag.
- Availability. The movers should be there to listen to your concerns and needs, answer your questions and stay in touch with you. If you can’t get hold of them, maybe you shouldn’t hire them.
Trust your intuition when hiring a moving company in LA
Getting advice and recommendations from other people is all well and good, but trusting your gut feeling is always very important. If your intuition is telling you that you’ve found reliable movers in LA, you should trust it. However, don’t rely solely on this. Take all the other signs into considerations as well. If you’re careful enough and you’re making an informed decision, we’re sure you won’t make a mistake. Good luck!