It’s a strange time in the world, but life still has to go on. Many people are finding themselves in a predicament because they had planned a relocation before these circumstances. If there’s a way to postpone the relocation, that would probably be the easiest, best, and safest thing to do. However, in some cases that simply isn’t a possibility. If that’s the situation you’re in, you’re probably looking for a way to execute your office relocation in the best way. Unfortunately, simply hiring movers and packers Los Angeles won’t do, you need some more prep. Well, we’re here to give you a simple guide for moving your business during global pandemic.
Moving your business during global pandemic is a big project, but you should still put your health and safety first. The most important thing is that you don’t get sick in the process. So, it’s necessary to take all the precautions and listen to the advice that the government is giving you. Here are some key things to keep in mind when you’re relocating your business during a global pandemic.
- Wash your hands! You’re probably getting tired of hearing this and your hands are tired from the water and soap, but it’s important to listen to this advice. Make sure to wash your hands regularly and keep a hand sanitizer at hand at all times.
- Don’t touch your face. If you want to minimize the chances of getting the virus, make a conscious effort to stop touching your face.
- Keep your distance from others. Even if you’re hiring movers Orange County to help you with moving your business during global pandemic, you should remember to keep your distance. You never know who could be contagious, so it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Avoid crowds and public places. Once again, you never know who could transmit the virus to you, so it’s best to avoid big gatherings of people. Do as much as you can on your own or with the help of the members of your household. If you hire movers, maybe you don’t have to have a lot of contact with them.
- Wear a mask and gloves. To make sure you’re protecting yourself, you
Stay informed about the situation
We know that listening to the news and the flood of information can be very overwhelming at the moment. However, it’s important to be in the loop and know what’s going on around you. You need to be aware of the rules that are in place and have an idea of how the situation is progressing. If listening to the news is too stressful, at least read the headlines and the key information you should have. This will prepare you for relocating your business during the pandemic.
Hire professionals to help you move your business during the global pandemic
Even though the world is a bit of a scary place at the moment, you’re still allowed to seek help with your relocation. Luckily, a lot of moving companies are still in business and they are ready to give you a hand. So, if you’re looking for long-distance movers, it shouldn’t be an issue. Most companies have a COVID-19 statement on their website that lets their customers know how their business and services are functioning now.
If you want movers to help you move your business during global pandemic, you can ask them for full services. This way the movers will take care of everything and you might be able to avoid contact.
Do everything you can online
We’re being advised to stay at home as much as possible and avoid contact with other people. That can be quite a challenge when you’re moving your business during global pandemic, but it’s not impossible. There are plenty of things you can take care of over the Internet and remain safe at home.
- Take care of paperwork over the Internet. Luckily, pretty much everything is digitalized today, so you’ll be able to take care of a big portion of documentation online.
- Consult your employees online. You can use platforms like Zoom or Skype to have conference calls with your employees and talk to them about the relocation.
- Find a realtor online. If you’re buying a new property for your business, you can hire a real estate agent over the Internet to avoid contact.
- Hire a moving company over the Internet. Most LA commercial movers have a website you can visit to get all the information and hire them to help move your business during the pandemic.
Postpone the relocation if possible
Before you set out to relocate your office during the coronavirus outbreak, you should figure out if that’s truly necessary. Many things are being postponed or canceled at the moment, so maybe your office move can also be delayed. This would be the best thing to do in order to make sure you stay safe and healthy. However, if it’s not possible, don’t despair – you’ll figure it out.
It’s very easy to get scared and start panicking in the situation we’re in. However, you get nothing from panicking – it just makes things worse. So, even if you can’t avoid moving your business during global pandemic, it doesn’t have to be so scary. Find ways of relaxing your brain, unwind, and take a break from reading the unpleasant news. Try to stay calm and have a positive outlook in order to get through the relocation and the entire pandemic easier. Stay safe!