Are you just starting to plan your move? If so, you’ve come to the right place to get acquainted with the moving mistakes you should avoid. Moving Companies in Washington have years of experience in the matter, and Los Angeles Transfer has decided to help you make your move as safe and inconvenience-free as possible. The moving process consists of many stages, and if you make a big mistake during any of those stages, you might affect your whole move. However, if you plan the move correctly, you will minimize the risk of damage and problems. To find out which moving mistakes you should avoid, keep on reading!
One of the main moving mistakes you should avoid: Procrastination
The key to having a successful relocation is starting to prepare as early as you can. The more you get in the beginning, the less you will have to worry about later. As the timeline moves forward, you will only have more things that you have to do – not less. That’s why you should never procrastinate moving-related tasks. If you have to, find ways to cope with procrastination. The more you near the finish line, the more you will be swamped with obligations. That’s normal, but you can make it easier for yourself by making a proper plan and sticking to it. Everything you decide not to do today, you will have to do in the upcoming days. Putting off things creates additional stress, and that’s not something you need during the relocation process!
Avoid doing everything by yourself
Moving is a complicated process, especially if you’re moving for the first time. You shouldn’t be doing everything alone! Firstly, it will take you too much time and you won’t be able to get everything done while having enough sleeping hours. Secondly, sleep deprivation and stress will cause you to spiral out and achieve fewer results when you do get to deal with your moving obligations. It’s a vicious circle that can be avoided by good event planning and asking for help!
What to do to avoid this moving mistake:
- Consider hiring reliable, trustworthy movers like Professional Movers Seattle
When you choose movers who are a good fit and can help you with exactly what you need help with, your move can go smoothly. Not hiring professional movers to help you is one of the main moving mistakes you should avoid. That’s how people end up way behind the schedule, but that’s not the biggest problem. You should be aware of what you can, and can’t manage to do. If you make the wrong evaluation, you may end up getting hurt and your items will be damaged. Movers are trained to deal with antiques, heavy and bulky furniture, and other specific types of items. They know how to handle every detail of your process.
- Ask your friends and family for help.
If you don’t want to hire professional movers, you will still need help. You should turn to friends and family for help! Ask them to help you with anything they can during the removal process. No task is too small to delegate as all of them already affect your precious time. It’s important to call your family and friends at least a week or two before you need their help. This way, you give them time to reschedule obligations if they can and show up for you.
Approaching the move without organization is also one of the moving mistakes you should avoid
What can you do to make your move more organized?
- Send out free estimates! That way, you’ll know which moving company is a better fit for you. Also, make sure to give them a phone call.
- Make lists: Lists will help you keep all of the things that you have to remember in one place. When you feel overwhelmed, a list of to-do tasks comes in handy! You can make a list on your mobile phone or a piece of paper, but make sure that you have it with you anywhere you go.
- Make inventory: Inventory will help you keep track of the items. Cross out the items that you want to donate, gift, or sell. During the move, it’s hard to keep track of the whereabouts of all of your items. That’s why an inventory list is a must. When you move, you will also benefit greatly from knowing exactly where each of your items is.
- Create a plan: When you create a plan that outlines the order by which you will do the tasks, you will be able to present it to the moving company. They will tell you if you’re wrong and help you optimize. Moreover, it’s better to have at least some plan when it comes to moving because when you don’t have one, you will definitely forget to do something. To create a moving plan, you will have to set aside a little bit of time, but it pays off a lot in a long way. You won’t forget to call the moving company, you won’t pack the items in the wrong box or forget to prepare a moving-day bag. To make this process easier, you can use numerous mobile phone apps.
Not decluttering is a big mistake
There are more than a few pros to decluttering:
- You don’t have to pack as many items. This will significantly lessen the packing time. The time is extremely valuable during the relocation, so don’t underestimate the significance of decluttering.
- Packing supplies will cost less because you won’t need as much.
- You can sell some of the items that you’re planning to throw out.
- This will lessen transportation costs significantly. Big and bulky items cost a lot when they’re being transported, which is why getting rid of them is a good idea. If you sell your furniture pieces and electrical appliances, you can use the money to buy similar items at the new location!
If you decide that you want professionals to handle your relocation and minimize the chances of mistakes, give us a call. We’re more than happy to tell you everything about the way that we approach moving, about our services and above all, reasonable prices. You too can have a stress-free relocation you’ve been dreaming of!