Buying your first apartment is a big goal to achieve. At some point in life, everybody dreams of having their own home. If you are close to seeing this dream come true, we recommend the services of some moving companies in California to accomplish the move. But what are the things that you need in your first apartment? Some things you might already know that you need, but there might be some that you didn’t think about. We will cover all the necessities in this first apartment checklist.
First apartment checklist – what do you need
Whether you are planning to move some things with the help of some residential moving companies Los Angeles CA to your new apartment, or you want to invest in new things, you need to know what you need first. Hopefully, our first apartment checklist will answer some of your doubts.
The heart of every home is the kitchen. You won’t be able to do much with your new kitchen if you don’t have at least the basic utensils. Moving from Colorado to California might leave you on a tight budget, but apart from the very basics, you won’t need much, to begin with.
- Pots and pans are the very basics
- Dishes – we recommend getting some that match the general style of your home
- Mugs and drinking glasses – if it’s just you living in your apartment, getting just a few mugs and glasses will be enough
- Coffee maker, French press, or a kettle – get the right one depending on what you prefer drinking
- Knives for different things
- Cutting boards – the worst type of cutting board you can get is a plastic one. The safest ones are the boards made from a solid wood piece or glass
- Food containers
- Garbage can
Apart from the basic toiletries that you packed in the essentials bag when you were moving to LA, you will need more things in your bathroom. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, just the things that will make it functional, like:
- Towels of different sizes – to begin with, it will be enough to have two bath towels and a few for the hands and face
- Shower curtain – getting this early on will save you so much time on cleaning the water that splashes everywhere when showering
- Toilet brush
- Toilet paper – a basic necessity that every household needs
You might not be able to afford the big pieces right away, but it also won’t be the end of the world if you live without them for some time. The basic furniture pieces that you need are:
- Dining table
- Bed – this is the most essential furniture piece. A good night’s sleep is the foundation of success so make sure to sleep well
- Coffee table
- Desk and chair
- Additional lighting
Conclusion on the first apartment checklist
Moving into a new apartment is a big step in everyone’s life. This is especially true if that apartment is your property. If that is the case and you are moving out from Denver, renting some storage units Denver CO might be a good idea. We hope that our first apartment checklist will make life in your new home easier by having the essential items. We wish you a happy move to your new home!