Moving across the Washington state safely is not an easy thing to accomplish, but if you try hard enough, you can be sure that you will have a great moving experience. Still, you should know that it’s not a hard thing to do if you have great tips on your side. That is why hiring one of the best moving companies Seattle offers can be a great solution for you. You can be sure that professional movers will be able to relocate your belongings without issues. But, what about the time when you need to transport artwork? There are all kinds of shapes and sizes when it comes to artwork, and you should be able to move it without issues. Read how to do it on our blog!
Art comes in all shapes and sizes
When you realize that you need to transport artwork from your old home to the new one, you will probably start looking for the best way to do it. The first thing you should do is find Washington movers that will be able to help you with this part of the move. But, you can do it by yourself if you wish to, as well. You will have nothing to worry about, and you will certainly do a great job if you know how to. So, we are here to make sure you do. The thing is that art comes in all shapes and sizes, so you will have to move paintings, dishes, or statues. So, you need to know how to pack all of these items.
How do you pack paintings for relocation?
Most people choose to get some of the most reliable moving services Seattle offers. This way, someone else can pack and move all your paintings for you. And that is a great choice. But, if you feel like this is something you want to do by yourself, you can. You just need to make sure you have everything you need and that you know how to pack every picture. This way, you will be good to go. Here is how you do it:
- Get all your paintings and clean them. Clean the frames as well.
- Get the packing supplies- the moving boxes and packing paper. Include lots of packing peanuts as well. Duct tape and scissors, with some markers, are required too.
- Wrap each painting in the packing paper
- Get a large box and fill it with the packing peanuts
- Insert each of the paintings inside, and make sure that there are plenty of packing peanuts between the box and each painting, and between the paintings as well
- Once you are done, put packing peanuts on the top as well, so you know that you can safely close the box
- Once you did it, close the box and move it around. If nothing inside can move, you are good to go. If something moves, you should make sure you open the box and fill it with more packing peanuts
- When you are done, close the box and use duct tape to seal it
- When you finish, you have to label it. Write FRAGILE so the movers know that they need to be extra careful. This way, moving artwork is not hard at all!
- Check the moving company you will use to move these items at the BBB website.
This way, you can move your paintings, and also your mirrors. They will be safe inside, and you will have nothing to worry about. For extra safety, you can place styrofoam sheets between each painting or mirror, and there is no way that they will get damaged.
There are literally all kinds of statues out there. So, you will have to do a great job while packing yours, so it doesn’t get damaged. You will need to:
- Get the same packing supplies like for the paintings, The boxes of the right size (just a bit larger than the item you are moving), packing paper, packing peanuts, duct tape, markers, and so on
- Wrap your statue with the packing paper, fixate it with the duct tape
- Make sure you line the box with the packing peanuts
- Place the statue inside of the moving box
- Fill the box with the packing peanuts, and make sure it’s surrounded by them from every side
- Once you did it, fill the moving box with the packing peanuts
- Close it, and make sure that nothing can move
- Use the duct tape to fix it
- Label it and you are good to go
- You are ready to transport artwork!
Everything will be great if you do this right. There is nothing for you to worry about once you are sure that your statue is safely packed and moved by a professional moving company. You can get an art moving service is you want as well. This way, nothing will get damaged.
There are dishes that fall into the art category, like valuable vases and others, and these need to be packed with care as well. So, you should make sure you know how to do that. The packing process is pretty much the same as the packing process of the statues, or paintings. You need the same packing supplies, and you need to make sure everything is packed so it can’t move around. Each item needs to have its own box, that is something you can’t forget. Moving your artwork is not going to be hard if you focus on the packing part.
Making sure that you know the right way to pack and move your art is really important. It’s the only way to be sure that you can do a great job while relocating your art. Do a good job with the packing and then hire moving professionals to move your art and you will be more than good. There is nothing to worry about if you know how to deal with this part of your moving process. Transport artwork is not as hard as it seems. Once you packed everything, get your moving professionals to relocate your art.